It is no surprise that with a record number of employees working from home this year, most of us will also be spending our holidays at home. For many businesses, 2020 has brought a major shift to staff working remotely, zoom meetings (with the occasional dog, cat or baby cameo), and even turning Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) into, not only essential, but fashionable accessories.
As we enter the 4th quarter of this year, that is no exception – businesses must adapt to the way holidays are celebrated. Have you thought about how your business is spreading cheer to your employees during the holidays this year? That may mean planning a virtual corporate gathering, hosting an outdoor socially distanced event – or shipping a holiday swag bag straight to their home office!
What is a holiday swag bag?
We like to call it a party in a box – it can also be described as a collection of curated promotional products or employee appreciation gifts that are personalized with your company’s logo.
These are not just branded holiday gifts for employees, this is a totally new experience for your work from home staff – a surprise swag bag they get to unwrap at the end of the year.
The best part is, to build your own remote employee swag kit, all you really have to do is choose the items – the rest can be taken care of by your promotional products vendor; from the printing and assembly, to even drop shipping each package directly to your employee’s doorstep.
Follow these 5 steps to create your ultimate holiday swag bag:
- Set a budget.
- Decide how much you are willing to dedicate per employee and stick to it. Remember this amount will cover the swag bag itself, the promos inside, art set-up charges, tax, and shipping. At Executive Advertising, our set-up fees are always free! That means more dollars in your budget to spend on your employees. An average starting point for a holiday swag bag is $30-40 per person.
- Determine the number of items.
- Too few items, and your employees will be left feeling underwhelmed and underappreciated. Too many items, and your budget may start to spread too thin. Our recommendation is putting between 4-6 items inside your custom holiday appreciation kits.
- Choose your bag.
- Select your items.
- Place your order and send in your logo.
- Contact us for a quote or to place your order. You should also receive an art proof with your logo on each item before it heads to production. As the cherry on top, you can tell your employees “Happy Holidays!” by sending an insert card to be included in each kit.
- BONUS STEP for the lazy gift giver.
- Forget about distributing the swag bags yourself — for a flat fee per box, we will drop ship your custom kits directly to each of your employees.
Show your staff that you are grateful for their loyalty and hard work this year by sending these employee appreciation gifts. You will not only end the year on a positive note with these swag bags, but will also be gearing up your WFH team to start out 2021 stronger than ever.
Head to Executive Advertising now to pick out the items for your customized holiday kits, and we will do the rest of the work! Don’t forget to download the holiday swag bag checklist to help build your perfect kit.